Energy News Today

Springfield Target evacuates due to gas leak

SPRINGFIELD, Ore.– The Target located in The Shoppes at Gateway in Springfield had to evacuate Saturday afternoon because of a gas leak.

Fire crews responded around 2:40 p.m.

Officials said a Target employee hit the heaters inside, releasing natural gas in the air.

There was minimal damage to the pipe which connected to the heater, they said. 

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters said it took about 30 minutes to make sure everything cleared out.

Target spokesperson Brian Harper-Tibaldo released a statement saying:

“Out of an abundance of caution, our Springfield, Oregon store was briefly evacuated early Saturday afternoon after some guests and team members reported smelling gas. The local fire department responded and traced the odor to a minor technical malfunction, which was quickly resolved. The store reopened within about 30 minutes. We can confirm that no one was injured, and we appreciate local first responders for resolving the situation quickly.”

Read More: Springfield Target evacuates due to gas leak

2021-11-13 21:34:00

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy
%d bloggers like this: