Madison Fire Department responds to ‘significant’ gas leak Ian’s Pizza State Street location
UPDATE (WKOW) — Madison fire and MG&E crews responded to a “significant” gas leak at Ian’s Pizza on State Street Saturday afternoon.
In a release from the City of Madison Fire Department, Ian’s Pizza employees called 911 just after 1 p.m. reporting a natural gas leak. Employees attempted to shut it off themselves but needed help from the fire department.
According to fire officials, employees of the restaurant informed customers and evacuated the building before the department arrived.
MADISON (WKOW) — The City of Madison Fire Department responded to a “significant” gas leak on State Street Saturday afternoon.
Dane County Dispatch received a call about a gas leak on the 100 block of State Street at 1:13 p.m.
Madison fire and police responded, and MG&E was on scene.
Officers said they managed traffic and pedestrians in the area, fire crews reportedly shut off the leak, and MG&E crews assisted the fire department with ventilating.
Fire officials reported the leak was taken care of by 2 p.m.
This is a developing story.
Read More: Madison Fire Department responds to ‘significant’ gas leak Ian’s Pizza State Street location